Etsy Picks of the Week No.2

7:55 AM 0 Comments

The internet is like being able to window shop at the biggest store in the world. I can literally spend hours browsing Etsy, wishing I could buy all the things.

So here are five more cookbooks I'd like to share with you!

1. The Family Circle Cake & Cooky Cookbook (1953)


At first I was all, "wow, check out that minimalistic artwork!" Then I saw the back cover. I'm sorry, but that gingerbread man is creepy. Also, I love when cookbooks use the older spelling of "cooky." 

2. The Revised Rumford Complete Cook Book (1940)


This book looks like a classic, meant to be a sort of bible for the housewife. I love the color images used as well. That turkey dinner actually has my mouth watering...

3. The New York Times Heritage Cook Book (1972)


I love cookbooks which focus on regional cuisine because its so interesting! This is a modern cookbook, but I'm sure many of the recipes inside have a great history. It seems that the author was a reporter who traveled across the United States, recording these recipes. 

4. Mary Meades Magic Recipes for the Electric Blender (1952)


Magical blender recipes! Yes, yes, yes! And actually, those frozen dessert recipes all look surprisingly modern and tasty. I would love to see more of this one. I'm sure its a goldmine inside - the description says it includes recipes for meats and gelatin.

5. Die Klosterkuche von Worishofen (1894)



This gorgeous book is a 19th century cookbook from Germany. The typography is beautiful, printed in Old Germanic script. I love the blue cover as well. The title translates to The Monastery Kitchen of Wörishofen. Wörishofen is a town in Germany, and a Dominican monastery was completed there in 1721.

Anje graduated with a Honours Bachelors degree in History with a minor in Museum Studies. She currently lives and works in Japan's least populous prefecture as an assistant English teacher.

0 comments: