The Verdict is In!

12:56 PM 0 Comments

You may have noticed a little poll that popped up on the sidebar about a month ago.

Well, I was looking over my blog one day and I noticed that there was a distinct preference in terms of recipes from the early 1900s, especially the 1910s! It's a bit ironic, really, as when I first started this blog I fully intended to focus on the 1800s. I really want to try and have a diversity of time periods covered here at Kitchen Historic, so this was troubling to me. I knew that I had been making a lot of twentieth century recipes lately, but I didn't realize just how much so!

And so, the poll. I wanted to hear from my readers what they wanted to see more of. And the verdict is in!
The winner is the...

1300s with 9 votes!

Runners up:
1400s with 5 votes
1800s with 5 votes
1700s with 5 votes
1500s with 4 votes
1600s with 4 votes
1900s with 3 votes

My aim here is to make at least one recipe from each time period, going down the list. So expect a recipe from the 1300s in the next few weeks!

In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them! I may in fact just create a suggestions page up at the top to keep track of them.

I'm excited! Hope you are too :)

Anje graduated with a Honours Bachelors degree in History with a minor in Museum Studies. She currently lives and works in Japan's least populous prefecture as an assistant English teacher.

0 comments: